Shearer Family 2015

Shearer Family 2015

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I did NOT need this right now!!


Ok most people that know me very well know I'm a klutz. Well for once I didn't do it!! ANyway Saturday night I was standing at the fridge getting ready to get the milk out and Chris grabbed the FAMILY size bottle of hershey's syrup and dropped it right on the top of my foot. By morning my foot was swollen and hurt so bad that I could hardly walk on it. So off to the urgent care center. That was a big mess and I won't go into details. Anyway I finally go xrays taken and go the results. NO break was showing on the xrays. So I was sent home w/my right foot wrapped in an ace bandage, wearing a post op boot and on crutches.

I have learned the hard way I need to stay off it and not think I am super mommy and still do everything. I had to do that Tuesday and I was paying for it by Tuesday night/early Wed morning. Also Wed I went to see the orthopedic surgeon and she said the keep it well supported, try to not bend my foot and stay off it as much as I can. IF it's still not better in 2 wks to call and they will send me for another set of xrays to check for a hairline fracture. She also said it could take 4-6 wks or longer for this to totally heal and get back to normal.

Now the swelling has gone down and I am using athletic wrap to support my foot and I can actually get my tennis shoe on!! So that means I can drive again!! Here is a pic of my foot all bandaged up. I'll try to get one of the bruise later on.

Anyway this is gunna be an adventure with flying to Salt Lake City, Utah on Sunday and Kathleen and Benjamin having Surgery next Monday. THen we fly home on Wednedsday. We're gunna be a sight in the airport that's for sure!!

1 comment:

Fer said...

Oh Gosh! I am so sorry Rhonda!!!!!!!!!!! And the timing couldn't be worse! I wish you that it heals soon!